The good news is I've got in a new illustration commission. The bad news (challenge!) is I've a day to turn this one around and the style examples I've been given are a slight deviation from my normal approach.
This is a page of quick ideas I've sketched out. The next step is to get the image from inside my head onto the page as quickly as I can. I'll post the next step as soon as it's done.
OK, after a couple of variations this is the pencil outline that I'm most happiest with. There's still a lot of refinement to go but now time to crack on and start adding the detail
Taking longer than I had hoped so time for tea then another evenings work.
Quite pleased with the outcome having changed the layout slightly. The point of this peice is the girl is initially the focus of attention. On closer look the story is more about the balloons. The cat knows somethings going on. Job done.
OK, it's not brilliant but just found this little gem clearing out some old work. This is the very first rough animation test I sent to a client using Anime Studio Pro. The project was for a series of films teaching kids about recycling. It seemed the best idea was to turn their garden compost bin into a little kingdom. The occupants needed the kids help in feeding everyone. This is a little earwig test that formed part of the presentation together with part of the initial storyboard